Brave New Country
I seldom talk and write about politics because I get mad every time that I do. In this case, I’m writing because I am not only enraged at but deeply concerned of what I see happening to our country.
I just received word that the government is moving to pass a bill that would mandate the coverage of contraception and sterilization by health insurance providers. As I remember from high school biology, the ability to reproduce is one of the seven characteristics of life. Contraception/sterilization is a blatant insult to our human dignity—what it means to be a human being. The abortion industry has propagated the notion that pregnancy is a disease to be eradicated rather than the blessing of a child that it should be.
In my mind, this follows as a direct repercussion of the Obamacare bill that was shoved down the throats of the American people against our will. When that happened, I formed a line of succession that resulted in a dystopia like Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World or George Orwell’s 1984 as a worst-case scenario:
- Government-regulated health care (“Obamacare”): the federal government sets the rules for health care and health insurance providers.
- Government-mandated health care: American citizens are required to have health care insurance.
- Government-owned health care: the government releases its own brand of health care.
- Government-controlled health care: the federal health care system drives other privatized health care providers out of business with over-regulation.
- Crisis/meltdown phase: federal health care will be in collapse due to uncontrolled spending and the lack of budgets.
- Rationed health care: due to the limited funding, the government will only provide health care to people deemed “worthy” of it. This phase also comes with other moral issues such as euthanasia, government-mandated abortions, and birth (population) control, which might even result in a subtle ethnic cleansing… horrific.
- Brave New Country: a quintessential dystopian environment: The federal government will be the ultimate authority, and all who oppose it or its policies will be reprimanded; children will be either government-sanctioned or grown in “farms”; and people will receive “your time has come” notices (a.k.a “death panels”) once they are labeled hindrances to society (through old age or injury).
I fervently pray that we never reach any of the later phases, but the current administration’s recent antics are definitely revealing a sinister plan that (so far) closely parallels this sequence of terrible events. The first amendment (freedom of religion, speech, press, and right to petition the government) is already being challenged, and I fear for the remaining liberties.
Keep in mind that these events are only worst-case scenarios: they do not have to be predictions (I dearly hope they are not), and even so, I do not foresee any “point of no return” because there is always time for redemption and common sense. We can still reshape this country into one that upholds personal freedom—the foremost of which is the right to life—and brings honor to God. Then and only then will this country once again be dignified.
It’s time to wake up, America!